SMS Breaking News
  • The Grizzly Gazette is going on vacation all the way to August 2024. We will come back next school year!
  • Welcome Sepulveda Grizzlies!
  • TODAY is Monday, June 11, 2024.

The Grizzly Gazette

The Student News Site of Sepulveda Middle School

The Grizzly Gazette

The Grizzly Gazette

Goodbye, Sepulveda.

An eighth grader’s heartfelt reflection about moving on.
Goodbye%2C+Sepulveda.
Mikaela Rauda Orellana

I can’t help but feel a bittersweet nostalgia washing over me. It’s surreal to think that these familiar corridors, once filled with laughter, chatter, and the occasional chaos of adolescence, will soon become mere memories.  The friends I’ve made, the lessons I’ve barely learned and paid attention to, and the experiences I’ve cherished -they all flood my brain as I bid farewell to this chapter of my life.

It’s a time of reflection, the end of the semester where the lockers are emptied and the yearbooks signed. The goodbye does not signify just an end, but a new beginning -a chance to embrace the fresh opportunities, forge new connections, and chart one’s own course in the vast expanse of high school. Bidding adieu to middle school is like closing the cover of a well-known book filled with chapters of growth, discovery, and friendship. With each goodbye hug and exchanged promise to stay in touch, the cycle of

Mikaela Rauda

bidding farewell to one chapter, while embracing the next, is a timeless dance of transition that continues to unfold with each passing generation.

The cycle perpetuates, a testament to the resilience of the human spirit and the enduring spirit of growth and renewal. Each goodbye carries with it promises of new beginnings, ensuring that the journey continues to unfold, endlessly spiraling onward and upward.

For me it’s a heartfelt moment saying goodbye to the teachers I’ve cherished and who’ve been like beacons of light throughout my middle school journey. Their dedication, encouragement, and unwavering belief in my potential are pillars upon which I’ve built my academic and personal growth.

With each passing year, a new wave of students brings fresh perspectives, energy, and enthusiasm infusing the campus with renewed vitality. It’s as if a torch is passed from one graduating class to the next, ensuring that the spirit of growth and progress continues to thrive.

Here’s to the journey ahead, fueled by the wisdom and inspiration we’ve shared. Goodbye, Sepulveda Middle School, and thank you for everything.

Mariah Garcia-Garcia is a culminating eighth grader and Co-Editor-In-Chief of the 2024 SMS Yearbook “Beyond Words.”